Anton Du Beke’s advice from ex judge Len Goodman as he talks unknown future on Strictly

Strictly: Anton Du Beke says he ‘prefers sitting and watching’

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Anton Du Beke briefly stepped in as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing last year in Motsi Mabuse’s absence and returned to the panel full-time this series. The 55-year-old has said former judge Len Goodman, 77, reached out to him and gave advice about going from the dance floor to the panel.

He spilled: “Len Goodman called me and said, ‘The only advice I can give you is be yourself and say what you see’.”

The professional dancer became a judge on the panel this series due to Bruno Tonioli’s absence.

The latter was ruled out from returning to the 2021 show, due to ongoing travel restrictions to and from America.

On whether he will be staying in Bruno’s seat, Anton insisted he didn’t know what was going to happen.

He added to OK! Magazine: “I haven’t got anything to say about that because it’s not a decision I can make.

“We’ll leave that until next year I suppose.”

While the decision may be out of his hands, the dancer said he would love to stay in his current role.

He has however joked that sitting down instead of dancing has been easier on his knees. 

Anton has been judging this year’s cast alongside; head judge Shirley Ballas, Motsi Mabuse and Craig Revel Horwood.

Last month, Bruno said he will be back as a judge for the upcoming Strictly Come Dancing nationwide tour.

He said on The One Show: “I’m doing the tour all over the country. I cannot believe it.

“I cannot wait to come and see the fans… 10,000 people you get such a rush of adrenaline.”

In an interview with The Sun, he added he hadn’t been watching the series this year.

DON’T MISS…
Billy Connolly admits he can no longer stop Parkinson’s symptom [HEALTH UPDATE]
Lady Gaga stuns in fishnet stockings at House of Gucci premiere [PICTURED]
Piers Morgan doubles down on Meghan Markle statement after her apology [REACTION]

Sharing his reasons, he said: “Watching Anton would not be fair. It’d be weird, like watching an ex with someone new – you just get on with it honey.

“It’ll do me no good as people will ask me what I think and I don’t want to stick my nose in when I’m not part of it.

“I think it’s very naff.”

Former head judge Len recently said he thought Anton was doing an “excellent job”.

The latter has been a dancer on the show since its inception in 2004.

While he is yet to win with a celebrity partner, he did come close to lifting the Glitterball trophy in 2019.

Anton got to the final with Emma Barton, but despite their best efforts, the show was won by Kelvin Fletcher and Oti Mabuse.

Strictly Come Dancing continues Saturday at 6.40pm on BBC One.

Source: Read Full Article