Get to Know ‘The Baby-Sitters Club’ Actress Xochitl Gomez With 10 Fun Facts!
Xochitl Gomez is killin’ it in The Baby-Sitters Club!
The young actress is building her resume and currently stars as Dawn in the new Netflix series.
“I play Dawn Schafer who is the laid back, vegan, hippy activist of the bunch. Dawn is passionate and empathetic. She’s both funny and smart,” Xochitl told J-14 about her character. “She’s also Latina, which is a new update for the Netflix series that I am really excited to bring to the screen.”
Xochitl (pronounced So-Chee) has also appeared in an episode of Netflix’s Gentified, and two episodes of Raven’s Home!
At the time of this posting, The Baby-Sitters Club is a top ten title on Netflix in the US.
To celebrate the new show, we’ve been getting to know the cast with 10 Fun Facts!
Check out Xochitl Gomez’s fun facts below…
- I’m an only child, but I have tons of cousins. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a sibling, but it’s pretty cool to have all the family focus, especially during the holidays. Hahah!
- I’ve been in improv classes since I was about 8 years old. I love doing improv because you get to work with others and make funny sketches. It really helps you think on your feet get comfortable being spontaneous.
- I learned to skateboard while filming Season 1 of The Baby-Sitters Club in Canada. Vancouver has the best and cleanest skate parks and even free classes on the weekends.
- Costume designer Cynthia Summers created the new and updated look for my character Dawn in The Baby-Sitters Club. She was inspired by a combination of urban looks she pieced together to create a signature style.
- I love artichokes and raccoons. I even have raccoon themed wallpaper in my room.
Click inside for more…
- I work out every day. I do exercises from videos I find online. I like to try new ones every week or so to keep it fresh. Someday I’d like to get a treadmill for my room.
- Lately, I’ve been into watching TV shows from the ’80s and ’90s, and my favorites so far are Friends, Beverly Hills 90210, Freaks and Geeks, The Wonder Years and Seinfeld.
- So far, I’ve got 81 original “Baby-Sitters Club” novels. I’ve been catching up reading them during the time we’ve been staying at home. I love imagining how each book might be made into a show and what they might change to update it.
- I started acting when I was 5 years old. My first role was in the musical Beauty and the Beast, and I was dressed in a furry horse costume for the whole show, and my only lines were making weird horse noises. Hahah!
- I just recently got my ears pierced after we wrapped Season 1. If there’s a Season 2, we may see Dawn with earrings. Yay!
Source: Read Full Article