The 6 most anticipated new movie releases in April, from 'Mortal Kombat' to Netflix's 'Stowaway'
- Every month, the television-tracking app TV Time provides Insider a list of the most anticipated new movies being released based on the movies its US users have indicated they intend to watch.
- Insider includes where audiences can watch the movie in the US along with its Rotten Tomatoes critic score if applicable.
- Warner Bros. and HBO Max could have another hit on their hands with “Mortal Kombat” and Netflix has several movies on this month’s list.
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
6. "Concrete Cowboy" — Netflix, April 2
Description: “While spending the summer in North Philadelphia, a troubled teen (Caleb McLaughlin) is caught between a life of crime and his estranged father’s (Idris Elba) vibrant urban-cowboy subculture.”
Rotten Tomatoes critic score: 79%
What critics said: “‘Concrete Cowboy’ breathes new life into the western genre and sheds a brighter light on a faction of Black culture that was largely unknown by white audiences until today.” — The Playlist
5. "Voyagers" — in theaters, April 9
Description: “With the future of the human race at stake, a group of young men and women, bred for intelligence and obedience, embark on an expedition to colonize a distant planet. But when they uncover disturbing secrets about the mission, they defy their training and begin to explore their most primitive natures. As life on the ship descends into chaos, they’re consumed by fear, lust, and the insatiable hunger for power.”
4. "Stowaway" — Netflix, April 22
Description: “On a mission headed to Mars, an unintended stowaway accidentally causes severe damage to the spaceship’s life support systems. Facing dwindling resources and a potentially fatal outcome, the crew is forced to make an impossible decision.”
3. "Thunder Force" — Netflix, April 9
Description: “In a world where supervillains are commonplace, two estranged childhood best friends reunite after one devises a treatment that gives them powers to protect their city.”
2. "Tom Clancy's Without Remorse" — Amazon Prime Video, April 30
Description: “The film tells the origin story of John Kelly (aka John Clark), a U.S. Navy SEAL, who uncovers an international conspiracy while seeking justice for the murder of his pregnant wife by Russian soldiers. When Kelly joins forces with fellow SEAL Karen Greer and shadowy CIA agent Robert Ritter, the mission unwittingly exposes a covert plot that threatens to engulf the U.S. and Russia in an all-out war.”
1. "Mortal Kombat" — in theaters and on HBO Max, April 23
Description: “MMA fighter Cole Young (Lewis Tan) is unaware of his heritage — or why Outworld’s Emperor seeks to hunt him down. Cole finds sanctuary under Lord Raiden (Tadanobu Asano) and prepares to stand with Earth’s greatest champions against the enemies of Outworld in a high-stakes battle for the universe. Will Cole be able to unleash his arcana in time to stop the Outworld once and for all?”
Disclosure: Mathias Döpfner, CEO of Business Insider’s parent company, Axel Springer, is a Netflix board member.
Source: Read Full Article