Caroline Flack likes tweet slamming Love Island after stepping down as host

Caroline Flack has announced that she is stepping down from her role as host for the winter series of Love Island .

The TV presenter's departure from the debut Winter Love Island follows her arrest for assault last week, when she became locked in an argument with her boyfriend Lewis Burton, 27, who is said to be dropping the charges.

Caroline, 40, broke her silence on Instagram yesterday and penned: "There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations in regard to my personal life.

"While matters were not as have been reported I am committed to co-operating with the appropriate authorities and I can't comment further on these matters until the legal process is over.

  • ITV stars 'furious' as Caroline Flack 'forced' to quit Love Island after arrest

  • Laura Whitmore already 'in secret chats with Love Island bosses to replace Caroline Flack'

"However Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it's the best show on telly. In order not to detract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is stand down from Series 6.

"I want to wish the incredible team working on the show a fantastic series in Cape Town."

She continued: And on a really personal level. I have never experienced such kindness and love in my whole life.

"Not just from friends and family who are always the greatest but also from total strangers who send messages to me offering help and understanding… Please know that I see them and my boyfriend Lewis. I love you x."

  • Caroline Flack 'has gone into self-destruct mode' ahead of assault court date

  • Olivia Attwood tipped to replace Caroline Flack as Love Island Aftersun host

Despite gushing about her love for the ITV2 dating show in her statement, Caroline bizarrely liked a tweet reading: "The show should honestly be called orgy island".

Caroline, who was recently given a £1.2 million deal to host two seasons of the show a year, is set to be "devastated", but is only standing down from the sixth series, which ITV has confirmed will begin on January 12.

Just hours after her announcement, the former Xtra Factor host liked a fans tweet saying: "The show should honestly be called orgy island anyway, that show is not about love…

"It’s about fake boobies and sunscreen. And her boyfriend is saying the accusations aren’t true and has refused to press charges. We were not there and don’t know what happened."

  • Caroline Flack 'could return to Love Island' after host steps down from show

  • Love Island fans call for Emily Atack to replace Caroline Flack after host steps down

A representative for Caroline told MailOnline: "Caroline has made clear she is a huge fan of Love Island and thinks it is one of the best programmes on television.

"She wants the next series to be a huge success and loves the programme and those that work on it.

"She would not have deliberately liked a tweet that is critical of the show and can only think this happened accidentally while she was flicking through her twitter account. She certainly does not 'like' the view expressed."

Source: Read Full Article