Halsey Cancels Long-Postponed Manic Tour Due to COVID Concerns: 'Safety Is the Priority'
Halsey has officially canceled her Manic tour due to ongoing concerns over the novel coronavirus.
On Friday, the 'You Should Be Sad' singer, 26, announced that her previously postponed tour is being canceled as the current focus needs to be on the "health and safety" of her fans.
"Safety is the priority," the star tweeted alongside a longer note about the cancelation. "I wish things were different. I love you. Dreaming of seeing your faces again."
In the attached message, Halsey wrote, "Despite our absolute best efforts, there is no guarantee I'll be able to tour the currently scheduled dates. I miss seeing all of you in the crowd every night more than anything, but I need to prioritize your health and safety. That being said, the Manic tour is now officially canceled."
The artist, whose real name is Ashley Nicolette Frangipane, went on to explain that the priority is now to refund her fans' tickets.
"Look out for an email from your point of purchase with instructions regarding how to receive your refund. If you haven't received an email by Monday, reach out to your point of purchase," Halsey added.
The Grammy nominee was able to perform over a dozen Manic tour shows in Europe ahead of the pandemic. The North American leg of her tour was scheduled to kick off in June 2020 and was later postponed to the summer of 2021 over coronavirus concerns, according to Variety.
"This tour was supposed to be my most unique yet for a number of reasons. I was really looking forward to sharing this chapter of my life with you in the ways I best know how. But for now, I am dreaming of days where we can all be together again," Halsey continued. "I love you and we will adapt and grow and find new ways to connect despite the circumstances."
Should fans have further concerns, the singer said that the account "@halseyteamhelp can answer specific questions."
Several other stars have also had to deal with tour cancellations as the pandemic continues to place uncertainty as to when music venues will be allowed to open up again.
Last month, Maren Morris announced that her previously postponed RSVP tour is being canceled and that fans with tickets should expect a full refund.
"Hi Darlings," Morris began a statement shared on social media. "There is so much hope with this vaccine being distributed in 2021, but we are still unsure of when we will be able to do the tour next year. With the prospect of, yet again, rescheduling half of the dates already becoming a reality, I have decided to cancel the RSVP tour."
But fans may be able to expect some new music when Morris eventually sets another tour — she added in her statement that she is working on a new record. "I truly appreciate your patience on this," she added. "I am in the midst of working on my third record, so I hope we can all come together and enjoy live shows safely again soon."
As information about the coronavirus pandemic rapidly changes, PEOPLE is committed to providing the most recent data in our coverage. Some of the information in this story may have changed after publication. For the latest on COVID-19, readers are encouraged to use online resources from the CDC, WHO and local public health departments. PEOPLE has partnered with GoFundMe to raise money for the COVID-19 Relief Fund, a GoFundMe.org fundraiser to support everything from frontline responders to families in need, as well as organizations helping communities. For more information or to donate, click here.
Source: Read Full Article