Nikki Grahame death sparks hospital probe over claims ‘she was discharged early’

Nikki Grahame's death earlier this month has sparked an internal investigation at the hospital she had been at as her family believes she was discharged too early.

The Big Brother icon had spent three weeks in Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester receiving anorexia treatment before she left on April 9.

Tragically, she was found dead at her London home the next day.

The 38-year-old had been scheduled to start on a programme of "more relaxed" private treatment with funds raised by fans on a GoFundMe page set up by her friends.

But the hospital at which she had been receiving treatment has confirmed they are now conducting a "full internal investigation" after Nikki's sudden death.

A Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust spokeswoman told The Sun: "Staff at the Trust were deeply saddened to learn of the death of Miss Grahame, and our thoughts are with the family and friends of Miss Grahame at this very difficult time.

"A full internal investigation into the circumstance of Miss Grahame's death is currently underway. This is in line with standard procedures following any sudden death.

  • Nikki Grahame £70k treatment fund to be donated to charity after TV star's funeral

  • Big Brother's Nikki Grahame never made it to eating disorder unit due to overcrowding

"All information and findings arising from this investigation will be shared confidentially with Miss Grahame's family, and thereafter with the Coroner as part of any Coronial process."

The statement added that the Trust will "do everything it can" to help in the Coronial process.

But a source close to Nikki's family added to the publication: "Those close to Nikki feel she would be alive today if she hadn't been discharged too soon."

Like what you see? Then fill your boots…

There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?

Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

They added that her family thought Nikki was not strong enough to care for herself, with it being reported that she weighed less than five stone when she was discharged.

Reality queen Nikki, who shot to fame in 2006, had been very open about her struggles with the eating disorder.

She previously explained she was taken into a psychiatric hospital when she was 12 after she tried to take her own life.

And she was once force-fed through a nasal tube after she starved herself.

Nikki's mum explained on This Morning in March that it was the gyms closing in lockdown which sparked her latest health battle.

Sue said: "In order for her to eat she needs to know she can exercise, so when they closed it was quite a worry, the isolation as well.

"I asked her if she would come and stay with me but she said she needs to be in her home."

Source: Read Full Article