Prince Harry’s memoir mocked by The Morning Show hosts for using royal title

Get a daily dose of showbiz gossip straight to your inbox with the Daily Star’s FREE newsletter

Prince Harry once again found himself on the receiving end of criticism this week – this time over his new memoir.

It was announced on Monday that the Duke of Sussex will pen a ‘literary memoir’, which will detail the "highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned" in his life.

But Harry found himself on the receiving end of mockery from the hosts of Australian network Seven’s The Morning Show, who weren’t impressed by his decision to stick with his royal titles to promote the book.

In a press release detailing Harry’s intentions to publish the memoir – of which proceeds will go to charity – he stated he is "writing this book not as the Prince I was born but as the man I have become".

And co-anchors Larry Emdur and Kylie Gillies couldn’t help but share a giggle at his choice of words as they chatted to entertainment reporter Peter Ford.

  • Meghan Markle's The Bench 'a flop' as TV hosts warn she 'must come up with new content'

Ford said: "I do love the statement that Prince Harry made when he said he is ‘writing this book not as the Prince he was born but as the man he has become’ – and signed it as Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex."

The reporter added: "Talk about having it both ways!"

And Emdur put in: "Hang onto that Sussex bit!"

All three hosts were in disbelief that Harry had decided to write the book – which will be published by Penguin Random House – while the Queen is still alive.

  • Piers Morgan hits out at Prince Harry as bombshell memoir on royal family announced

And they had plenty to say about their choice to use a major publishing house to get the word out, despite vowing to use ‘grassroots’ organisations.

Ford put in: "This is all officially announced by Random House. Remember how they spoke about how they’d be working only with grassroots media organisations and up-and-coming journalists?

"Random House and Oprah? We’re off to a great start on that, aren’t we, with that pledge!"

The hosts further questioned whether Harry had told the rest of the Royal Family that he was planning to write the book, which they speculated he must have been working on since last year alongside a ghostwriter.

Harry stated in the release ahead of his book launch: "I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story – the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned – I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

"I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a first-hand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful."

It has been speculated that the Duke will receive an advance of around $20million – although it is not certain whether that, too, will go to charity.

The fresh criticism comes as nearly 50,000 people signed an online petition helmed by Lady Colin Campbell last month, pleading with the Sussexes to "voluntarily" request the Queen put their "royal-style titles and rank in absence".

  • Prince Harry
  • Queen
  • Royal Family

Source: Read Full Article