Top Boy season 4 script currently in works as show’s return looks ‘promising’

Top Boy's return to Netflix looks "promising" as lead actor Ashley Walters, who portrays Dushane, revealed the script is currently in the works.

The British television crime drama series was originally broadcast on Channel 4 for two seasons, but was revived by the internet streaming service years later.

Becoming one of the most popular shows on Netflix, the programme's script has been given the go ahead, however Ashley admitted Netflix hasn't signed up for the next series, but it looks "promising".

"Fingers crossed, we haven't had the actual green light yet but it's looking promising.

  • Netflix down: Streaming service crashes causing binge-watchers to meltdown

  • Stranger Things season four episode one title teases sinister Eleven twist

"In preparation for that we've already been working out storylines and writing so it's looking good," he told Metro.

"Obviously I won't give anything away but it's looking dope and we're all looking forward to going again with the show."

Fans of the show may be waiting a while, as the new series start date has yet to be discussed.

  • Netflix The Devil Next Door viewers 'horrified' by chilling Nazi war crimes documentary

  • Netflix's horror flick Within is a 'mind f***' leaving fans 'unable to sleep'

Top Boy follows rival drug gangs – Dushane and Sully (Kane Robinson) – who ply their lucrative trade at a public housing estate in East London.

The series originally ran for two series between 2011 and 2013 on Channel 4, but was axed and picked up by rapper Drake six years later.

Ashley appeared on Sunday Brunch in October and discussed Drake's dismay when he heard the show had been cancelled.

  • Netflix promises to crack down on sharing passwords with friends and family

  • The Crown Season 3 trailer teases royal drama as Olivia Colman joins cast

Speaking to hosts Simon Rimmer and Tim Lovejoy, he said: "It was put on Netflix after it was cancelled, a couple of years later, and we started to get a lot of interest Stateside.

"And then Drake watched it, which was weird, and we woke up one day, saw all this press over it [as] he'd posted.

"He had a picture of me and said, 'When's the show coming back?' and I said it's been cancelled and he said, 'Well, we'll see about that'. Cut to about a year-and-a-half later and he came back to the table with a deal and that was it, we went from there."

The third series is executive produced by Drake and his business partner Adel “Future” Nur, along with Maverick Carter and Jamal Henderson for SpringHill Entertainment.

Source: Read Full Article