TXT's New EP Debuts at No. 25 on the Billboard 200
Tomorrow X Together released their EP minisode1 : Blue Hour on Oct. 26. The EP has been a milestone chapter in TXT’s career. In addition to setting pre-order records for the K-pop group, the EP set records with its debut on the Billboard 200 and Billboard Top Albums Sales chart.
TXT set records with ‘minisode1 : Blue Hour’
In the week leading up to the release of minisode1 : Blue Hour, the EP had already achieved over 300,000 pre-orders. On Nov. 17, Billboard announced that minisode1 : Blue Hour debuted at No. 25 on the Billboard 200 and at No. 1 on the Billboard Top Albums Sales chart.
This ranking on the Billboard 200 beat TXT’s previous record of No. 140 with The Dream Chapter: Star. In addition to ranking on both Billboard charts, minisode1 : Blue Hour placed at No. 19 on Rolling Stone’s Top 200 Albums chart.
‘minisode1 : Blue Hour’ by the numbers
While the quintet only debuted in 2019, TXT have shown tremendous growth in the past year. Soobin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Huening Kai have expanded their artistry by participating in songwriting, and the Korean band has also grown in terms of album sales.
According to Billboard, minisode1 : Blue Hour “sold 18,000 copies in the U.S. in the week ending Nov. 12, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data — the best sales week yet for the South Korean pop quintet. Blue Hour is the group’s fourth charting title on Album Sales, and first to reach the top 10.”
Billboard also reported that the album had “98% of its first-week sales coming from its CD editions. The remaining 2% were driven by digital album sales.” By reaching No. 25 on the Billboard 200, TXT achieved their first top 40 debut on the chart.
The concept of TXT’s ‘minisode1 : Blue Hour’
TXT concluded their first album series, The Dream Chapter album trilogy, in May 2020. Instead of following this with another series, the K-pop group released minisode1 : Blue Hour as a standalone EP. After minisode1 : Blue Hour, the band will move on to their next series.
minisode1 : Blue Hour features five tracks: “Ghosting,” “5시 53분의 하늘에서 발견한 너와 나 (Blue Hour),” “날씨를 잃어버렸어 (We Lost The Summer),” “Wishlist,” and “하굣길 (Way Home).” Soobin and Taehyun co-wrote “Ghosting” together, and Yeonjun, Taehyun, and Huening Kai co-wrote “Wishlist.”
The EP tells the story of teenagers experiencing friendship in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. “Blue Hour” is the album’s lead single, and TXT released a music video for the disco track the same day as the album’s release.
On Nov. 13, the Korean band released a music video for “We Lost The Summer,” a song that delves deeper into the emotions teenagers are feeling because of the pandemic. Already, the music video has over 5 million views.
Source: Read Full Article