Calls for ITV to remove John Barrowman from DOI after accusations

54-year-old actor John Barrowman has been accused of exposing himself on the sets of BBC TV favourites Doctor Who and Torchwood, and now ITV has been urged to remove the star from Dancing On Ice.

The flamboyant star joined the judging panel on the skating competition alongside Jayne Torvill, Christopher Dean and Ashley Banjo back in 2019.

The performer quickly became a favourite following the exit of Jason Gardiner on the programme, having been a contestant himself back in 2006.

But as allegations about John’s past behaviour on TV sets comes to light, an MP has said that due its nature as a family show, Dancing On Ice should consider removing him from the line-up.

The Guardian said that following a complaint against the actor’s behaviour on Torchwood, executive producer Julie Gardner confirmed she had reprimanded him.

The publication also described witnesses’ accounts of John flashing is privates, and that they’d viewed them as inappropriate pranks, but the actor thought they were “really funny”, according to one unnamed runner.

The Jack Harkness star has apologised for his past behaviour, saying it was “high-spirited behaviour, larking about and tomfoolery”, but insisted it was never meant to be sexual or predatory and from his perspective was “only ever intended in good humour”.

Despite this, Conservative MP Alec Shelbrooke told The Sun on Sunday he deems John’s behaviour as unacceptable.

“Inappropriate behaviour like this is not acceptable no matter what the circumstances,” he told the publication.

“ITV and the BBC have a responsibility with the standards they set.

“Dancing On Ice is a family show and ITV shouldn’t be willing to indulge this behaviour in any way.

“It’s incumbent on broadcasters to show they are not condoning such behaviour in any way,” the politician added.

Dancing On Ice judge John has said that he understands he may have caused hurt and upset.

“With the benefit of hindsight, I understand that upset may have been caused by my exuberant behaviour and I have apologised for this previously,” the Guardian reported.

A spokesperson told The Daily Star: "Dancing on Ice is not in production at present, and as such on screen talent won’t be attached for the forthcoming series until closer to the time."

Source: Read Full Article