How long has Survivor been on TV and how many seasons are there?
SURVIVOR is back after their year-long hiatus for the Season 41 premiere on CBS on Sept. 22, after the program was pulled from the 2020 schedule.
The decision came amidst the Covid-19 pandemic and filming was pushed back to Spring 2021.
How many seasons of Survivor is there?
After 20 years, 40 seasons, and 596 episodes; Survivor is one of the longest-running reality television shows in the U.S., but there is one change to Season 41.
The show will extended over 29 days instead of the 36-day-period viewers are used to. The Mamanuca Islands in Fiji will be the backdrop for Survivor for the fifth season running, and contestants are required to quarantine for two weeks.
Host Jeff Probst told Entertainment Weekly the change may be permanent. However, contestants will face more difficult challenges than viewers have seen in the past, and Probst said the players will feel the change.
What is different this season on Survivor?
Young viewers will get the opportunity this season to participate in Survivor from the comfort of their home.
The Game Within the Game presents puzzles that will be hidden in each episode for viewers to find, solve and post their answer online.
Contestants won’t know the game is being played, and Probst said The Game Within the Game will be tailored throughout future seasons to continue to appeal to viewers.
Who are the contestants?
- Danny McCray – 33-year-old ex-NFL player from Frisco, TX. Drafted in 2010, McCray played for the Dallas Cowboys until 2014 when he signed with the Chicago Bears. He returned to the Dallas Cowboys in 2015 for his final NFL season.
- Brad Reese – 50-year-old rancher from Shawnee, Wyoming
- David Voce – 35-year-old neurosurgeon from Chicago, Illinois
- Deshawn Radden – 26-year-old medical student from Miami, Florida
- Eric Abraham – 51-year-old cyber security analyst from San Antonio, Texas
- Erica Casupanan – 32-year-old communications manager from Toronto, Ontario
- Evvie Jagoda – 28-year-old Ph.D. student from Westchester, New York
- Genie Chen – 46-year-old grocery clerk from Portland, Oregon
- Heather Aldret – 52-year-old stay-at-home mom from Charleston, South Carolina
- Jairus Robinson – 20-year-old college student from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Liana Wallace – 20-year-old college student from Washington, D.C.
- Naseer Muttalif – 37-year-old sales manager from Morgan Hill, California
- Ricard Foye – 31-year-old flight attendant from Sedro-Woolley, Washington
- Sara Wilson – 24-year-old healthcare consultant from Boston, Massachusetts
- Shantel Smith – 34-year-old pastor from Washington, D.C.
- Sydney Segal – 26-year-old law student from Los Angeles, California
- Tiffany Seely – 47-year-old teacher from Plainview, New York
- Xander Hastings – 21-year-old app developer from Chicago, Florida
How can I watch Survivor?
Survivor will premiere on Wednesday, September 22 on CBS at 8pm EST.
Viewers can catch Survivor on CBS, the CBS app or streaming service Paramount +.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article