Little Mix show cancelled: Why is Little Mix The Search not on this week?
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Little Mix is a world-famous girl band made up of four members who all took part in the singing competition The X Factor. The band went on to win the 2011 series of the show, and they are now looking for a new band to perform with them on their next tour. Express.co.uk has everything you need to know about why the first of the Little Mix The Search live shows on the BBC has been cancelled.
Why is Little Mix The Search not on this week?
This weekend was due to see the first of the live shows take place, during which the six newly-formed bands would battle it out for a chance to perform live with Little Mix on tour.
Over the previous weeks, the band has spent time auditioning some of their favourite performers, before forming a total of six groups out of the best auditionees.
The bands include a rap group, girl dance group, vocal and instruments band, an all-girl group, a mixed group and an all-boy band.
Each of the singers who had made it through to the final stage of their round had to perform in front of Little Mix and a live audience. The Little Mix stars then chose the final line-up for each band, who will go on to take part in the live shows.
Sadly Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards, Jade Thirlwall and Leigh-Anne Pinnock will not be on screens tonight, and the BBC has confirmed the unfortunate reason.
The first of the live shows had to be cancelled due to some of the members of the crew testing positive for coronavirus.
The pandemic has taken its toll on plenty of TV shows recently, and sadly Little Mix: The Search suffered the same fate.
The BBC did not reveal how many crew members had contracted coronavirus, they only said it was a “small number of people”.
Those who have tested positive are now in self-isolation and they will, of course, be following the latest government rules in order to keep everyone safe.
Due to the live shows having a small live audience, tonight’s episode has been postponed and it will hopefully be airing next Saturday, October 24.
The official statement was posted on Twitter by the Little Mix The Search production team, and thousands of fans were quick to show their support.
Fans and the contestants themselves had been looking forward to seeing the first battle take place, which could secure some of the bands a place in the next round.
The winning band will get to perform live with Little Mix on their confetti tour, and it is the ultimate prize for Little Mix fans.
Fans took to Twitter to share their appreciation for the production team making the right decision to postpone tonight’s episode.
One fan said: “It’s actually a blessing in disguise… Now they can really do in-depth group profiles and premiere the group names while catching the audiences up on the development of the groups since the auditions before going straight into eliminations… It will strengthen fandoms @LittleMix.”
All of the auditions were filmed before the coronavirus outbreak when social distancing was not something that had to be taken into consideration.
Jesy Nelson boyfriend: Who is the Little Mix star’s new boyfriend? [EXPLAINER]
Little Mix The Search’s winner ‘sealed’ as Leigh-Anne drops huge hint [INSIGHT]
Little Mix royalties: How much does Little Mix earn from their music? [EXPLAINER]
But the battles were due to be aired live and in this case, the production team had no choice but to delay the show.
Fans have been understanding, with one saying on Twitter: “As much as we are very much excited about the live shows, everyone’s safety is way more important. Stay safeeee!! We’ll wait.”
Another fan said: “I’m gutted it’s postponed but at the end of the day everyone health & safety is the priority. I’m looking forward to seeing the live shows, whenever that will be.”
Viewers are also looking forward to the release of the band’s next album, called Confetti, which will be arriving on November 6.
Hopefully by then, fans will have an idea of which newly formed band will be joining the ladies on their next tour.
The show was first announced in October 2019 when the band revealed they were on the hunt for a new support act to join them in 2021.
Filming took place in January 2020, just before the coronavirus lockdown took place in March of this year.
Comedian Chris Ramsey is lined up to present the live shows, and fans cannot wait to see what the bands have to face in order to raise their chances of winning the top spot.
Little Mix Tweeted following the last of the audition episodes, saying: “We can’t believe it! The audition shows are over….which only means one thing..the performance shows are coming!! @IAmChrisRamsey…are you ready!?”
One fan responded: “I can’t believe the auditions are over !! Excited af for the live shows tho, y’all are about to be serving vocals.”
Little Mix: The Search airs on BBC One
Source: Read Full Article