New To Netflix This Week: Avatar's Follow-Up Series Available To Stream
While the summer slowly winds down, with the heat from the sun scorching our skin to a burnt crisp, you may wonder why you went outside at all. Why didn’t you just hang out, indoors, on your couch watching Netflix? And if you’re looking to see what’s new to the streaming service from original programs to movies and TV shows, we have you covered. Here’s what’s coming to Netflix this week.
Fans of the Nickelodeon series Avatar: The Last Airbender will have something new to watch this week. The follow-up series The Legend of Korra arrives on Friday. The episodes that drop are from the first four volumes of the show, which follows the Avatar Korra and she goes her best to protect Republic City from the forces of evil. The series takes place 70 years after the events of the original series.
If you’re looking for something a bit more comedic, Scary Movie 5 arrives on Wednesday. The latest installment of the parody series stars Ashley Tisdale, Simon Rex, and Gracie Whitton, as the film spoofs movies like Inception, Paranormal Activity, Black Swan, and more. You, too, can watch Scary Movie 5 and yell at your TV things like, “I remember that movie this film is making fun of!” or “Ah yes, that is a moment from pop culture I remember!”
Finally, on Thursday, you can watch Safety Not Guaranteed. Directed by Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic World), the movie follows a writer at a magazine who is investigating the person behind a classified ad who claims they’ve invented a time machine. However, as the investigation progresses, the writer discovers that the inventor may not be crazy, and may be on to something. The film stars Aubrey Plaza, Jake Johnson, and Mark Duplass.
Below, you’ll find the full list of what’s heading to Netflix this week. For more information on the streaming service, find out what’s coming for the rest of August here.
- What's New To Netflix This Week? More Anime, Movies, TV, And Originals
- New To Netflix In August 2020: Rampaging Dinosaurs, Movies, TV, And Original Programming
- Back To The Future Part II on Netflix: 20 Easter Eggs You Never Noticed In The Time-Bending Sequel
- Netflix's Ozark Gets Expanded Season 4, Split Into Two Parts
New to Netflix this week:
- GAME ON: A Comedy Crossover Event — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman
- Rob Schneider: Asian Momma, Mexican Kids — NETFLIX COMEDY SPECIAL
- Scary Movie 5
- (Un)Well — NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
- Safety Not Guaranteed
- Une fille facile / An Easy Girl — NETFLIX FILM
- 3%: Season 4 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- El robo del siglo — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- Fearless — NETFLIX FILM
- Glow Up: Season 2 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- Project Power — NETFLIX FILM
- The Legend of Korra: Book One: Air
- The Legend of Korra: Book Two: Spirits
- The Legend of Korra: Book Three: Change
- The Legend of Korra: Book Four: Balance
- Octonauts & the Caves of Sac Actun — NETFLIX FAMILY
- Teenage Bounty Hunters — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- Rita: Season 5 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
- Stranger: Season 2 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Source: Read Full Article