Paul McCartney ‘confirms’ Glastonbury 2020 headline slot with cryptic tweet – The Sun

SIR Paul McCartney has appeared to confirm his Glastonbury 2020 headline slot with a cryptic tweet.

The music legend took to Twitter to share an image of composer Philip Glass, actress Emma Stone and the late Chuck Berry.

Music fans have quickly deduced that Glass, Stone and Berry = Glastonbury.

And they were overjoyed at the possibility of the Beatles legend on the Pyramid stage.

One person wrote: "PAUL IS HEADLINING GLASTONBURY HOLY S***".

Another added: "Paul, you have just made my wife's dreams come true. I think you're alright too, but she's a huge fan. See you in Pilton next summer!"

A third said: "philip glass, sharon stone, chuck berry + glastonbury. i got it! x"

Last month, Glastonbury Festival confirmed that Diana Ross will play the Legends slot next year.

The singer is the first act to be confirmed for the special 50th anniversary edition of the world famous festival, which takes place at Worthy Farm in Somerset, south west England, between June 24 and June 28.

Diana wrote on Twitter: "This is a dream come true. To all the fans across the world, this is my tribute to you.  I'm coming to Glastonbury, with love."

The festival's co-organiser, Emily Eavis, added to her own profile: "I am delighted to say that one of the all-time greats, the wonderful Diana Ross, is coming to Glastonbury to play the Sunday legend slot on the Pyramid next year."

The former Supremes star hasn't played the UK since her 2007 I Love You Tour.

She follows in the footsteps of Kylie Minogue, who played the Legend's slot on the Pyramid Stage this year, and the likes of Dolly Parton, Barry Gibb, Dame Shirley Bassey and Lionel Richie, in landing the special set time reserved for music icons.

Meanwhile, Sir Paul McCartney recently hinted that he could be set to play the music extravaganza next year.

The Beatles legend last played the Pyramid Stage in 2004 and he admitted that he thinks the time has come for him to return to Worthy Farm, especially as his daughters Stella, 47, and Mary, 50, are keen for him to play the festival.

He said: “People are saying that it will be good if I did it, so I’m starting to think about whether I can or whether it would be a good thing.

“My kids are saying, ‘Dad, we’ve got to talk about Glastonbury’, and I think I know what they mean.”

McCartney, 77, insisted that nothing has been set in stone yet, but it's definitely on the cards.

He added: “We played there quite a long time ago so maybe it is time to go back. I don’t know. I’d have to put a few things in place.

“It’s starting to become some remote kind of possibility. It’s definitely not fixed yet but people are starting to talk about it.”

McCartney's Glasto hint came after the festival's founder Michael Eavis dropped a huge teaser that the Let it Be hitmaker will be returning to the music extravaganza for its 50th anniversary.

He said: "Paul's on good form at the moment."

When asked if he had "spoken to him" and if he was going to play, Michael said: "Hopefully for the 50th, yeah.

"Don't make a big thing of it though will you?”

Other possible headliners include Taylor Swift, The 1975 and Elton John.

Tickets for Glastonbury 2020 sold-out in 34 minutes in October, with a reported 2.4 million said to have been trying to obtain one of the 135,000 tickets that went on sale.

Source: Read Full Article