BRIDGERTON is a new period drama on Netflix.
The 19th century London set show has quickly amassed an army of fans.
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
Where is Bridgerton filmed?
Though the series is set in London, not all of the show was filmed here.
Other locations helped to create a Victorian feel to the settings.
Bridgerton House was filmed at English Heritage property, Ranger’s House, Chesterfield Walk in Greenwich.
It used to be the home of aristocrats and even royalty.
Syon House was used to for some of Simon's home interiors, such as his study and dressing room.
The Queen’s House in Greenwich was used too for some Mayfair scenes.
Greenwich Park Rose Garden, Hackney Empire and Lancaster House were also filming locations.
Chatham Dockyard was used for the House's garden, along with filming the poorer streets of London and the boxing saloon.
Wilton House in Salisbury was the location used for some of the Duke of Hasting's house, such as the dining room.
You've likely seen it before as it was filmed for The Crown, Emma and Pride and Prejudice.
It also was used in place of Hyde Park.
Simon's house was filmed in other locations too.
His parlor and morning rooms were filmed at Badminton House in Gloucestershire.
Castle Howard in York was used for its interiors and exteriors when creating Simon's house.
The village on the Duke’s land was filmed at Coneysthorpe Village using a Grade-II listed property.
Meanwhile, Castle Howard was used for some of the ballrooms.
Bath was another key location for filming.
The streets of the town were used to create Regency London.
Bath Street, Alfred Street, and Beauford Square were used to create Mayfair.
Trim Street was used as the exterior for Gunters Tea Shop while Abbey Street was used for the exterior of the Modiste’s dress shop and The Columbian Company was used for a scene with Simon outside a bar.
The striking Royal Crescent was filmed in place of Grosvenor Square.
Bath Guildhall was used for the Rambury Ballroom.
Lady Danbury's house was filmed at Holburne Museum of Art.
Leigh Court was used the most for ballroom scenes, as it was the location of the Princes Ballroom, the Ingenue Ballroom, and the Crawford Ballroom.
Somerley House was used for an exhibition of paintings at Somerset House and for creating Hampstead Heath.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
Windsor Great Park was filmed in place of Battersea Fields and Rotten Row.
Painshill Park in Cobham was used for Kensington Gardens (along with Sunbury Park & Walled Garden).
Hampton Court Palace featured too.
Hatfield House, which has been used in The Favourite, was filmed.
North Mymms Park was used for the nursey in Simon's house.
Other locations used at points in filming were:
- Normansfield Theatre in Teddington
- St Mary’s Parish Church in Twickenham
- Dorney Court in Bucks
- RAF Hilton
- Stowe Park
- Theatre Royal Brighton
- Dundridge Manor Farm in Bucks
Source: Read Full Article