Who is Alice Fevronia? Bake Off 2019 star and geography teacher from London
ALICE Fevronia became Star Baker in Biscuit Week and is still in the running to win the latest series of Bake Off.
We have all you need to know about the aspiring baker who is hoping to scoop the GBBO 2019 crown.
Who is Bake Off 2019 contestant Alice?
Alice Fevronia is a 28 year old geography teacher from London.
At just 15, while recovering from a back operation for scoliosis and no longer able to do sport, she turned her hand to baking
Now living in East London, she uses cakes in her geography lessons – demonstrating everything from coastal erosion to volcanic activity.
She loves making highly decorative layered cakes and her baking style is intricate and delicate.
You can see some of her creations on her Instagram page here.
What has happened to Alice on Bake Off so far?
- Week Two – Cakes – Alice's first challenge of a fruit cake in the Bake Off Tent saw Paul praise her Gingerbread Fruit Cake Wreath, while telling her to pull back on the ginger. Alice placed fifth in the Technical Challenge then impressed with her Like A Child In A Sweet Shop Cake which Paul said was "beautiful".
- Week Two, Biscuits – Biscuit week saw Alice shine after she was named Star Baker thanks to her Honeycomb Peanut Mallow biscuit bars and an incredible lamb sculpture made from biscuits. She also won the Fig Roll Technical Challenge!
- Week Three, Bread – The teacher’s Baklava tear and share had Paul and Prue singing her praises as did her creative Globe inspired scored bread.
- Week Four, Dairy – Week two’s Star Baker was let down by her yogurt cake with lemon and cardamom Signature bake which lacked flavour. But she was praised for her British Afternoon Tea inspired Koya carrot cake served with a coffee and a slice of carrot cake. Paul said: “It looks great because it looks like an afternoon tea.”
- Week Five, The Roaring Twenties – While Alice's Orange infused custard pies with chocolate pastry and orange curd toppings were "overwhelming in flavour", she got praise for her Pina colada cake with caramelised rum pineapple filling and modelling icing.
- Week Six, Dessert Week – Alice's Signature was a Black Forest Meringue which wasn't a big hit with the judges. She then won the tricky Technical Challenge which was Six identical layered Verrines. For her Showstopper she did a Tiramisu Bombe which went down well with the judges and Pruce and Paul describing it as "beautiful" and a "triumph".
What has Alice said about being on Bake Off 2019?
Speaking about signing up for Bake Off 2019, Alice said: "I have wanted to be in Bake Off ever since the show has started, but I wasn’t really good enough when I was 18.
"To be on such a big show doing something that you are passionate about is a huge thing.
"I also felt that to be accepted into the tent gave me the confidence to feel that I could bake.
"It was a dream come true!"
When is The Great British Bake Off next on?
The Great British Bake Off is back on Tuesday, October 8.
You can catch the action on Channel 4 at 8pm.
Bake Off is expected to run for 10 consecutive weeks and the final is likely to be in November 2019.
Source: Read Full Article